Energy and Fuel Sector
- Kazimierz Jeleński
We advise clients engaged in hydrocarbon prospecting, exploration and production from conventional and non-conventional deposits, including shale gas deposits and methane from coal deposits. We support our clients in legal terms at all stages of their projects, including, in particular project planning and structuring, obtaining concessions, and contracting services. We advise our clients also with respect to the acquisition and transfer of rights related to hydrocarbon prospecting, exploration and production.
Lawyers of the Energy practice at the Dubiński Jeleński Masiarz and Partners have expertise and long-term experience in legal advice to entities engaged in hydrocarbon prospecting, exploration and production and to companies operating in the fuel sector.
We provide legal services for all stages of investment projects, starting from the relevant concessions and permits and ending with the exploration and exploitation of deposits. Our services include representing clients in proceedings before public administration authorities, including concession-related cases, and advising clients on the acquisition of rights to land or the contracting of drilling and other auxiliary services.
We have extensive experience in the area acquisition and transfer of hydrocarbon exploration and production rights. We have advised our clients in connection with the structuring, financing and implementing of such transactions, both domestic and cross-border ones.
We have experience in providing legal assistance to clients carrying out hydrocarbon and fuel storage, terminal and transmission infrastructure projects. We advise clients on matters related to structuring, financing and implementing such projects, as well as negotiating hydrocarbon sale agreements.
Representative transactions made with the participation of our lawyers include:
- advising PKN Orlen in connection with the transactions involving the acquisition of hydrocarbon prospecting and exploring rights, including the acquisition of two concessions from ExxonMobil and in connection with negotiating the terms of a joint venture with Encana Corporation, including an exchange of assets (rights to explore and produce hydrocarbons);
- advising Dart Energy (formerly Composite Energy) from the start of its Polish operations on concession-related issues in connection with the acquisition and transfer of rights under the concession, as well as contracting drilling and other auxiliary services, and day-to-day operations;
- advising Saponis Investments (a joint venture of European, American and Canadian investors) on concession-related matters and contracting drilling and other auxiliary services, and day-to-day operations;
- advising Oiltanking in connection with a joint venture agreement concluded with PERN “Przyjaźń” for the construction of a fuel terminal in the Northern Port in Gdańsk;
- advising Indiana Investments in connection with its day-to-day operations in hydrocarbon prospecting and exploration;
- advising foreign investors on the due diligence of companies holding hydrocarbon prospecting and exploring rights in connection with the intended acquisition and securities offerings addressed to foreign regulated markets;
- advising Gas Plus in connection with the proceedings before the Ministry of the Environment and the transfer of interest in the hydrocarbon prospecting and exploring rights, and advising on the company’s day-to-day operations.
- providing advisory services to Sorgenia E&P and RAG Rohol-Aufsuchungs in connection with the share acquisition in a Polish company holding three shale gas prospecting and exploring concessions;
- representing a European company in connection with structuring and negotiating an agreement for the construction and management of airport fuel infrastructure.